Delhi Caste CertificateCertificate is an important legal document that approves that an individual has a place with a specific religion, community and caste. Residents of Delhi can get a caste certificate to profit of the various sorts of offices offered by the Governments that are focused at a specific category of persons. Caste Certificate is prevalently acquired by people of reserved categories, for example, Schedule Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) to establish their candidature. In this article, we look at the process of obtaining Delhi caste certificate in detail.
Purpose of Obtaining Caste CertificateAs disclosed above, caste certificate principally helps peoples who belong to the reserved categories such as scheduled castes and scheduled tribes to accommodate below-mentioned benefits:
- Caste certificate has to be submitted to get the reservation of seats in the Legislatures
- Caste certificate is one of the crucial document to get the reservation in Government Service
- This certificate is obligatory for Waiving off the fees for admission to schools or colleges
- This document may be needed to get quotas in educational institutions.
- Applying for Government jobs, this certificate is mandatory to get the age relaxation
- Students to get particular scholarships sponsored by the Government
- For receiving Government subsidies, caste certificate is compulsory For applying certain schemes provided by the Governments
Eligibility CriteriaEligibility criteria to get Delhi caste certificate is in detail below: Delhi caste certificate will be provided to a person who is a resident of Delhi, i.e. any citizen whose birthplace or parents belongs to the jurisdiction of the Government of Delhi
- OBC certificate will be issued to residents of Delhi since 1993.
Documents Required for SC/ST CertificateFurnish the following documents along with the application form to get SC/ST certificate in Delhi:
- Application Form
- Aadhaar Number, if it is not available, provides anyone identity proof such as PAN or Passport or Driving Licence or Voters Card
- Copy of SC/ST certificate of father, sister, brother or of his/her blood relative from the paternal side.
- Self-declaration in case of SC/ST certificate issued from outside Delhi in prescribed Performa rate (If the children are below the 18 years, a self-declaration from the major have to be produced)
- Marriage Certificate for married women
- Present residential proof like Voters Card, Water Bill, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill etc.
- Proof of Date of Birth (School certificate or Birth certificate or passport)
Documents Required for OBC CertificateAlong with the documents mentioned above, the applicant has to furnish some of the other documents:
- A copy of OBC certificate of father, brother, sister or of his/her blood relative from the paternal side, if available.
- Two attestations by MP/MLA/Councillor/Gazetted Officers, declaring the caste of the applicant and continuous stay in Delhi since 1993.
- Residence Certificate
- Family income proof (Salary Slip/Form-16/ITR etc.)
- Note: All documents have to be attested by MP/MLA/Gazetted Officer.
- Applicable fee
- This service does not require any payment for processing the certificate.
Processing TimeThe candidate will get the caste certificate inside 14 days from the date of application. On the off chance that the check of the report is required from the authority, the candidate will get the certificate in the wake of getting the confirmation from that authority.
Applying Caste Certificate through SDM/DC OfficeGuidelines for applying caste certificate through SDM/DC Office in Delhi are in detail here.
Approach SDM/DC officeStep 1: Applicant needs to approach centre SDM/DC Office to apply for caste certificate through offline mode.
Submit an ApplicationStep 2: Submit an application in the recommended format for the Caste certificate. Fill the caste application structure appropriately as per the caste category. Separate application structures are accessible for SC/ST OBC class. Give the accompanying subtleties in the application structure.
- Personal information such as name, gender, DOB, marital status and religion
- Parents and Spouse Details
- Contact Details
- Purpose of obtaining caste certificate
- Caste details – Caste /Tribe details
SC/ST ApplicationWe have herewith enclosed an application form for the ST/SC caste certificate.
OBC ApplicationOBC applicants can use this form for obtaining OBC certificate.
Step 4: Obtain an acknowledgement receipt with the unique application number. Keep it safe for future reference.
Step 5: Once the application for caste certificate has been submitted; you can also check the status of the application.
Local EnquiryStep 6: To verify the applicant’s residence or caste, the local enquiry will take place. In the case of married women, a local enquiry will take place at the place of residence before marriage as well as the location of residence after marriage. Obtain Caste Certificate
After local enquiry and the request for caste certificate has been affirmed, the SDM/DC will give a caste certificate. Return to the office and give the application number. Gather the caste certificate, and it tends to be utilized for the reason referenced previously.