EWS Income Certificate Online - Procedure & FormatThe fundamental point of our Government is to deal with the nation and keep it advancing. The changed needs of the individuals all in all ought to be remembered and a 'push' should be given any place important. Different plans have been propelled by both the State and Central Governments that the residents can profit by. Nonetheless, in a nation where the populace is in billions, it is hard to distinguish who is really qualified for what sort of advantage.
Accordingly, the government issues different types of certifications on submission of legitimate proofs. One such kind of affirmation is the Income Certificate. It tends to be utilized to take advantage of those plans where qualification is resolved dependent on the yearly pay of the individual or his family.
What is an Income Certificate?An Income Certificate is an archive given by an authority under the State Government ensuring the yearly salary of an individual or his family from all sources. The genuine authority that issues such a certificate varies from state to state. It is generally the Village Tahsildars that issue the certificate yet numerous states and union territories additionally have District Magistrate/Collector, Revenue Circle Officers, Sub Divisional Magistrates or other District Authorities delegated for this reason. In specific pieces of the nation, this certificate is likewise named as 'EWS declaration' which means 'Monetarily Weaker Section Certificate'.
What are its possible uses?As referenced before, the pay authentication goes about as a proof of qualification to different plans and advantages conceded by the State Government in different fields. These fields incorporate however are not constrained to:
- Educational institutions that usually have a quota reserved for people from economically poorer backgrounds. This certificate helps them secure admission either free of cost or at a concession.
- Scholarships offered by some institutions/governments targeting the upliftment of the poor.
- Availment of medical benefits like free or concessional treatment, subsidized medicines, financial assistance to mothers who give birth to girl child, etc.
- Obtaining loans from the respective government employers at a concessional rate of interest.
- Providing relief to victims of various natural calamities and disasters.
- Widows who can claim government pension wherever applicable.
- Claiming entitlement to hostels, flats or other such government accommodation
What is the procedure to obtain the Income Certificate?Most states have a dedicated website for such administration related activities through which the certificate can be applied for. The procedure would be:
- Go to the respective State / District online portal to apply for the certificate
- Register by creating an account on the website with a unique username and password secured with the mobile number.
- Login to your account and look for 'Apply for income certificate' or such similar terms.
- This will open up an online application where your personal details need to be filled or uploaded. Such details include:
- Name, age / DOB, address (including district / taluka / village), sex, etc.
- Ration card / Driving License / Voter's ID or such other ID proof
- Aadhar card - Nowadays, the Aadhar number is compulsory since it is used to uniquely identify a person and prevent fraudulent claims
- Religion, caste and sub-caste.
- Whether SC / ST / OBC and details therein.
- Parent income certificate, Income tax return, Form 16 by employer, Salary certificate, etc as proof of income (May require attestation by Gazetted Government Officers)
- Rent, Maintenance, Electricity, telephone or any other utility bills as proof of address. (May require attestation by Gazetted Government Officers)
- An Affidavit declaring that all particulars stated in the application are true
After gathering all the documents, contingent upon the foundation offered by the respective state, the application must be either submitted at the local district authority's office or uploaded online. The application would cost a nominal charge contingent upon the state it is applied in. The certificate is then given inside a time of 10 - 15 days.