Passport Application OnlineApplying for a passport should be possible online by visiting the official Passport Seva site. The Ministry of External Affairs has now made all passport applications on the web, so in case you're hoping to renew or apply for a new passport, you should experience the online application process.
How to Apply for a Passport Online?When looking to apply for a passport on the web, a candidate needs to follow certain means. The means included are depicted in subtleties underneath:
Stage 1: Passport Seva sign in
- Visit the official site of Passport Seva and Click on the 'APPLY' area.
- If you are a current client, you can login utilizing the user ID and password.
- If you are a first-time client, you should enlist and make a record. Follow the means beneath to enlist: Click on 'Register Now' under the 'New User' tab.
- Enter the login ID and password. Enter the captcha code and snap on 'Register'.
Stage 2: Choosing the Application TypeSubsequent to signing in, you should pick the significant assistance from the alternatives gave. You can decide to apply for a:
- Fresh passport/passport reissue
- Diplomatic passport/official passport
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Identity Certificate
Stage 3: Filling the Application FormFilling in the application structure should be possible on the online or offline. To fill in the application structure offline, follow the means given underneath:
- Click on the link provided to download the application form in soft copy.
- A link to an electronic copy of the following forms will be displayed. Download the relevant form based on your application type:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- Fill in the application e-form and click on the ‘Upload e-form' link.
- Upload the filled-in application form.
Step 4: Schedule, Pay & Book the appointmentIn the wake of filling in and presenting the structure, you should plan an arrangement at your closest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or pertinent identification authority. Booking an arrangement should be possible as referenced underneath:
- Go to the 'Candidate Home' page and snap on the 'View Saved/Submitted Applications'.
- The submitted application structure subtleties will be shown. Pick the ARN of the structure you have submitted.
- Click on 'Pay and Schedule Appointment' alternative from the ones gave.
- Next, pick the method of payment from among the two gave, viz. Online payment and Challan payment.
If you are paying online, you can proceed onward to booking the appointment right away. On the off chance that you decide to pay through challan, you should do the accompanying:
- Take the challan to a SBI branch and pay the necessary sum in real money. (Note: This should be possible simply following 3 hours of challan age, which is valid for 85 days.)
- Next, gather a duplicate of the challan from the getting bank work force.
- The bank takes 2 days to check the ARN subtleties gave on the challan.
- Successful payment of the fee will be shown on the site post-confirmation where the candidate can 'track the payment status'. An email update is additionally sent.
Booking the appointment
- On the 'Pay and Schedule Appointment' page, select the PSK of your decision.
- Choose a helpful opening from the accessible dates referenced. There, the candidate is required to choose a PSK dependent on the accessible date.
- Confirm your appointment opening by entering the CAPTCHA code.
- Next, select 'Pay and Book the Appointment'
- Application subtleties, for example, ARN, name, kind of utilization, the sum that should be paid, contact number, and the arrangement date will be shown.
- If you have decided to pay on the web, you will be diverted to the payment gateway.
On the off chance that you have decided to pay online, you will be diverted to the payment gateway.
On fruitful culmination of payment, you will get affirmation of the appointment and an appointment number. An SMS with the subtleties will likewise be sent. Print a duplicate of the application receipt. All PSKs currently likewise acknowledge the SMS for appointment confirmation.
In the event that, various payment are made for a similar appointment/application/ARN, the abundance sum will be refunded by the RPO. The passport appointment can be rescheduled twice inside a year from the date of the first appointment. Be that as it may on the off chance that you miss the appointment, you can't reschedule the appointment.
How to Apply for Diplomatic Passport/Official Passport OnlineDiplomatic or Official passports are given to those people who hold strategic status or are deputed by the Government of India to travel abroad on authentic obligation. This archive can likewise be utilized as verification of address and character. Applications for Diplomatic and Official passports are typically engaged uniquely at the Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Division, Patiala House, New Delhi. Be that as it may, you can likewise decide to apply at the Passport Office joined to the current location of the candidate.
The pointers referenced underneath will help control candidates, who wish to apply for an Official or Diplomatic passport online-
- Visit the official site of the Passport Seva Kendra and snap on the 'Register Now' interface.
- On doing as such, they will be given an ID which should be utilized to login to the Passport Seva Online Portal.
- Applicants then need to tap on the connection that peruses 'Apply for Diplomatic Passport'.
- After doing as such, the essential structure should be downloaded, filled in and submitted alongside required narrative verification.
- Next, the printout of the finished application should be taken through the 'View/Print Submitted Form' connect that is accessible on the 'View Saved/Submitted Applications' page.
- This printed duplicate of the online application structure should be taken to the Consular Passport and Visa Division, Patiala House in New Delhi Passport Office alongside important records in unique, appended to the present address and present the application.